Wednesday, August 25, 2010

School!

Hi everyone! I'm sorry it has been so long since an update. I'll do my best to catch you up.

Well, this weekend I had a great surprise in RACHEL JAKAB. We went to see "The Switch" on Saturday night, and it was a GREAT movie. It was also nice to go to see a movie with someone, as opposed to just by myself. I like that. :) We spent the rest of Saturday watching Leverage and Project Runway on On Demand. Again, we were talking back and forth and it was so great to just have someone to BS with, you know?

Sunday was a little bit of more of the same. Honestly, I don't really remember much of what we did. Oh, I did some syllabus writing, and Rachel had housing issues. Most of the afternoon was spent pausing "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" to accommodate those things. Rachel stayed until today, which was so great. Monday, we hung out again, went out to dinner, and it awesome. Tuesday was equally as cool. So...Rachel Jakab and having someone to talk to for four days? AWESOME.

This brings us to school. Monday was our first day of inservice as a full district; last week was just new teachers. Monday was a lot of being talked at, very little time to get things done, running around trying to get an office, and generally being disheartened. I came home and just felt so horrible. CR is making a ton of changes, so a lot of the teachers are in the same boat, but it was still so very, very frustrating.

Tuesday was a completely different story. The morning was great; our superintendent is HILARIOUS, and gave a great beginning-of-the-year presentation. We had some quick meetings in the morning, but they were really helpful as opposed to just frustrating and confusing. I had a place to work, so I brought in my school stuff and put it in my floating classrooms. I got my books and whatnot packed up, and I proofread my syllabus. It was a really productive day. I spent the last hour talking to some drama kids, and they seemed extremely excited. It just made things so much better, and I was so much more pumped for today.

Which brings me to today. I have a ninth grade home room, so I got to do a lot of clerical stuff this morning. It's going to be a process, I feel. They are really nice kids, though, and I'm excited to see them each day. My drama class was a lot of fun, too. I think I made a good first impression. I had the kids climb onto the stage and explore the space, and then I talked a mile a minute about how I am so excited and I don't know what we're doing (specifically) this year, but I'm excited for some acting and some learnin' and it's gonna be awesome!

I have all my syllabi printed out tonight, and I was browsing the theater textbook I got from the school. Generally, it's just been a really good night.

Sorry for the lack of good adjectives and impressing, witty repartee. For whatever reason, I'm stuck in the "AWESOME! COOL! GREAT!" phase of the English Language. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment