Saturday, August 14, 2010

Lazy Saturday



Ok, just read this on facebook: "Whew! Only six more months till Obama is out of office."

Now, to give some context, he was writing this on the wall for "Election 2010!" and "Get out and vote!" The comments made toward him were quite hilarious.

Now on to me.

I went to Cape Henlopen today, and boy, did I chose the worst time of day to head out! It took me two hours to get there. Once there, the beach was PACKED. The waves were insane. I'm not good at judging height or anything, but while I was there, a guy almost drowned and was saved by a lifeguard. I had never seen this happen before (still haven't, actually, as the beach was PACKED and it was about 100 yards away from me) but the waves were *so strong.* I went into the water right when I got there (about 12:30?). I had forgotten a chair, so that sucked, and I only had one towel, so that sucked, and my beach umbrella kept falling over, so that sucked. I came out of the water after a while, and tried to lay down and read, but I hate the wet sticky feeling, and I had sand *everywhere* because I had to lay on my towel. All in all, I was kind of cranky. But still, it was a beautiful day and I did take a walk up and down the beach. I stayed for about two hours and then just couldn't take the people and the sand anymore. I got in my car, and started to head home.

Of course, I went to the wrong way--the *long* way around. However, this was a good thing, because it gave me a chance to see the *real* cape! I found this tiny little parking lot, and I could see a lighthouse through the trees. I parked and got out and followed the little trail down, and found the kind of beach I had been looking for in the first place: there were about 15 people tops on it, there were no waves, and it was so peaceful! This was in the bay area, I guess (?) (I'm possibly really misunderstanding nautical terms). No matter what, that is where I want to go to tomorrow.

Pictures will be up on the around dover site! Here's the link again, if you need it!

www.arounddover.shutterfly.com


No comments:

Post a Comment