Thursday, August 5, 2010

I wrote this last night.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

T – 19 hours! Delaware Invasion, Phase 1 commences tomorrow. My parents came over tonight and helped me pack up my kitchen; I knew that would be the hardest part for me to do. It took about 2 hours, give or take, and we’re all still talking to each other. Wohoo!


So, I unplugged all of my router stuff to have packed for Comcast, so I have no modem or router to get to teh intranets. I have my phone, but that isn’t as fun. Besides, KoL doesn’t have an app. Alas. I just made two CDs for my trip tomorrow, ingeniously named “Dover 1” and “Dover 2.” I tried to go with an overall “Starting over” theme, and I like them. Now, I listen to Daft Punk. (Daft Punk is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.)


So, I went around earlier and took some pictures of my poor empty apartment. It feels naked, seriously. I kind of had an “aha!” moment as I was doing that. I really liked this place, and I’m not going to be back here after tomorrow. It was my first true apartment, and it treated me good. (sic). Nice thick walls, warmed up and cooled down quick, never too hard to clean, no problems with the equipment. A great starter apartment, to be sure.

So, on the scale of feelings, I’m feeling slightly bittersweet. This is a push in the more negative direction, as up until this point I’ve just been bored (waiting to move), stressed (packing to move), and ready to move on. I really am just so excited to get a move on, find out what I’m truly teaching for drama (I’m going to be so damn good at that!) and get a new space to work with.


A little too jazzed to sleep, still. Planning on being at the rents at 10 tomorrow to help them pack up a few things there, and then back here to pack the rest of my stuff. We’ll be on our way to stay with my brother and sister-in-law in Frederick tomorrow, and then make the rest of the trip to Dover on Friday morning. I officially get Internet on Monday (and updated cable! Wohoo! Anyone know if Leverage is on On Demand? I’ll be missing Sunday night’s showing.) So, I’m going to continue Daft Punk and play some FreeCell. Fist pound out!

No comments:

Post a Comment