Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tuesday!

Hi everyone!

So, I am too jazzed to sleep right now, so I thought I'd update you on my last few days. I went for a bike ride today, which was a lot of fun. There is a really tiny lake right down the road from me (I didn't even know it was there, and I parked right next to it twice) and the roads around it are great for biking. Apparently, things are not so safe about four blocks around me, so I have to watch where I go. (This is according to my nice old neighbor). I took some pictures of the legislative buildings around the area, and just generally enjoyed getting out. Pics are up on my shutterfly site.

Yesterday was a doozie. I started out at the HS around 10:30, meeting with the former drama guy and learning about all of that. I am so incredibly overwhelmed right now. Apparently, I'm going to be putting on up to three shows at once: the drama club fall show (Harvey), the Drama 2 class show (whatever I pick?) and (thank God not right away), the Drama 1 one acts--if I'm interested. Drama 1 is history of acting and theater for starters, so that's a semi-nice reprieve. What's great is that I'm not even worried about English 1o. I was at school until 1:00 getting information on everything. My head felt like it was going to explode.

I came home for a quick bite, and figured that I would run to the post office to get some stamps and mail some postcards. Yeah...one person working, and a line that was about 25 people long. I stood there for about a half and hour to buy a book of stamps. It was air conditioned, so that was nice.

After that, I ran around trying to get a prescription for my face. I thought I had a face eating rash, but it's the newfangled thing called "acne." My face just got horribly red and blotchy, but only in spots. Me being me, I was trying to see a doctor and get prescriptions, as earlier noted--we thought I was having a reaction to the ocean water or something. Of course, no one wanted to take my out-of-state insurance. I finally called the insurance people, and they told me that if I went to the emergency room, I would be covered.

So I went to the emergency room. And waited three hours. For what ended up being acne. *thumbs up, beth!* I felt like an idiot, too, because I was like, "Look, I'm only here cause my insurance is stupid. I know I don't have an emergency! Really, now!" My doctor just looked at me and said, "Yep, fair enough. It's acne. Here's a paper about rashes." and walked away. They were all really nice about it, but seriously! If I would have gone to a Doc in the Box or Minute Clinic, I would have had to pay $125 + out of pocket. Redic. Yay, America's health care system!

So I got home around 7:30 or 8:00, exhausted, because I essentially didn't have lunch (I had eaten some quick white rice, but I thought I'd be back really quick from the post and munch on things for the afternoon). Instead, I threw in True Blood and laid around for the evening.

I spent today trying to plan for things and reading "Night" by Elie Weisel. It was so depressing. It's about the Holocaust, for those who don't know, and it was heart wrenching. I have to teach it to the 10th graders, though, so I have to figure out something.

Other than an outfit crisis for tomorrow (I need to be dressy, but not too dressy) the rest of the night has been pretty low key. Pasta for dinner, a run to the store, a little bit of glee. I'm gonna try to sleep now. I'm actually yawning, so maybe that'll happen sooner than I think, eh!

Hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment