Monday, August 2, 2010

Quick Reflection

As I was walking down to get my mail today, I kept thinking about how everyone keeps saying how brave I am for moving. First, thanks! However, I don't really feel "brave." Maybe I'm in super denial, but I don't really feel any sort of negative emotion. I KNOW I am going to really miss my parents, but I think that will be the hardest part. I mean, think about going off to college, all my high school friends: we go months without seeing each other anyway. And, college friends, think about the summers: I mean, really, we don't talk all that much during the summers. To me, it just feels like an extended vacay.

To me, this move doesn't seem like a big deal. Of course, right as I started thinking that (on the way to the mailbox, remember; I've been mulling over this for a bit) I remembered the first time I went to Germany. I was a mess in Philadelphia, crying and wanting my mommy; I hated my job, and I really don't think that helped; the only thing loved was staying with my aunt, but I was still a real mess. And then the second time I went to Germany, I was really homesick and spent the week crying.

Still, though, maybe those experiences have given me the little push I need to deal with this. I've lived in Germany for three months, so Dover is a piece of pie. Of course, it is a lot harder to visit when you live across an ocean than just across a state, so that might be helping too. I dunno. It's just a thought.

So, for the record: Thanks for thinking I'm brave! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment