Thursday, August 12, 2010

Random Dover Omnibus

1. I keep seeing commercials for the "Pittsburgh Renaissance Fair." I never even saw a commercial for it when I was in Pittsburgh! They have a really lame/cute song that keeps getting stuck in my head.

2. Yesterday, as I was going out to buy my beach umbrella, I had my window down on my car. The dominoes delivery guy in the car right next to me had his windows down. As I was looking for the street name, he thought I was looking at him, and smiled and waved, so I smiled and waved back, and he looked all excited. And when I tried to cover it up by being like, "Oh, Dominoes! I love Dominoes! I didn't know there was one near me!" (praying for the light to turn) he started a conversation. He now knows that I am from Pittsburgh, just moved here to teach high school, and live "right over there!" (I didn't want to tell him my actual address, so I just kind of waved and pointed in the general direction. I was literally 100 yards from my house that this time). He was like, "Well, good luck! You'll be great! Have fun!" as drove away. Delawarians are so NICE! Minus the possible weirdness of having a conversation at a red light.

3. I'm going to the beach today. There is a flood advisory during high tide, which is from 9:30 to 11:30. There is also an 80% chance of rain. I bought a beach umbrella, and water to fit into my tiny cooler. I don't know what to do!

4. I'm watching "Boy meets World" for the first time in forever. It's great.

5. I woke up this morning to a *great* dream involving playcamp. It was really, really awesome, I think because it only involved the counselors. Of course, that's all I can remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment