Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Insert witty title, I'm too tired to be witty all by myself.

Hi everyone!

Well, today marks the one week of school date, although it really only counts for freshmen, and even then, we really didn't start classes until last Friday, so I guess it's only the fourth day of school. Whatever. It feels like it's been a while. Let me catch you up!

Last week was good.

This week is going well. I'm feeling overwhelmed again, mostly because I'm off balance. I'm essentially doing five different classes, and it is really disconcerting going from drama to english (it's even disconcerting going from drama 1 to drama 2!) I've been coming home and falling asleep for at least an hour and a half every day. I'm just so exhausted at the end of the day! Today was the worst. We had record setting heat here (or so they tell me) and the AC at school was all sorts of futzed up. The heat was on in some rooms and most of the hallways, and the rooms don't have much space or ventilation to begin with, so...It was hot. And I was already really tired.

So you can understand why I fell asleep at my desk 6th period. IN MY DEFENSE, It was only for about two minutes, and it was the two minutes-ish before the bell rang, so it's not like I was really skimping on work on anything. (6th period is our last period of the day, and it is my period off). But man! Our room was *really* hot.

As for classes/stuff: Drama 2 is doing "The Cherry Orchard" by Anton Chekov for our class play. I'm holding auditions for "Harvey" on Wednesday. I don't know if I should watch the movie first or not. Part of me wants to, in case I am missing something huge, but at the same time, I don't want to bias myself toward a certain type of character. I mean, maybe there is an awesome comedy man out there, but cause I have Jimmy Stuart in my mind, I just can't see him! That would be tragic! So, the point is, I just haven't decided, and its a big deal to me.

Anyway, my life is full of drama, metaphorically and literally. The kids are still feeling me out, and while there is not open and overt hostility, it's a little frustrating for all of us, I think, that I am doing things differently. I just find it really hard to work with people I don't have a connection with on some level, and while most of the kids are giving me 110% every day, there are a few that just seem to be in here until their schedules get changed, and they are bringing down the whole atmosphere.

I feel like I keep getting off topic. It might be that I am really tired. I'm going nuts listening to my air conditioner and fan, so I turned them off out here in my sun room, so now I'm hot and sticky and tired. It's only a matter of time before I fall asleep at my computer again. Alas, though, I was thinking of something rather important to say earlier...AH! Earl! I'm not going to get hit with anything except some rain; there will be no wind in the area for me! Whooohooo! I'll be in hampton, anyway, but that's besides the point. :-D

Also, my students call me "Blumesicle." I think just preferred Blumes, although in the auditorium I do turn in to a Blumesicle--it's frickin' freezing in there, Mr. Bigglesworth!

Love, Bethie

No comments:

Post a Comment