Thursday, September 30, 2010

It's Thursday!

Hi Everyone!

I'm sorry it's been a while, yet again. I dislike updating when I am bummed, and I've been bummed recently. Lots of stress at school, lots of work to do, and so I come home less happy than I wish. HOWEVER! Things are definitely looking up! Hence, the post!

So, the play is going well. I ran rehearsal today and my kids actually kind of knew their lines, and they are getting there in terms of their blocking. Next week, we will just be running act 1 and 2 all week, so practices should be more acting and less blocking, which is always exciting.

Classes are going better. I have my stage tech class somewhat under control, in the sense that I have a book to work with these days, and that makes me feel safe inside. I dislike not having a plan. My English classes are turning in research papers in a week, so that is terrifying. Next week is a four day week, too, with an inservice on Friday, so this time next week I'll probably be very drunk. Just FYI. Luckily, I only have two classes of papers to read, but it's going to be a long week, getting them to do what I need them to do. Next week is also Homecoming, and it is a really big deal down here. They open up the high school for the day, and have a huge community gathering. I'm stage teching the performances in the auditorium all day on Saturday, and then I have my first Dover Symphony evening. Wheee!

I've been looking for a dog for a bit. I went to the Camden SPCA yesterday, because they posted three yorkies on Monday. Unfortunately, they were all adopted by Wednesday. I applied for a dog last night; I'm worried that since I live alone and want to crate during the day, it is going to be hard to find a dog that will work for me. I'm hopeful, however, and I have no problem driving to Jersey or Maryland or Philly. I'm thinking that might help my chances.

It is raining a ton here, and I'm kind of hoping for a flood cancellation tomorrow. Apparently, it's not unheard of around here. There are flood warnings and watches and issues and statements, and it is still raining really hard right now. On one hand, canceled school would be awesome cause I could sleep and all, but on the other, I have a lot of stuff to get from my kids for their research papers. I guess things aren't too bad if I'm not totally hoping for school to be closed! :-D

So, overall, things are going better. I'm still not thrilled with the job, but I am wayyy happier than I was two weeks ago. Things are going better, and I'm feeling more competent as a teacher. This is always a plus. I hung out with the friends on Friday night, and I kicked strep this last week (I slept until about 4:00 on Saturday, and it was gloroius). This Saturday is the first Saturday of building our Harvey set, so that's six hours of my day spent at school. I might try to do the football game tomorrow night, but last week's got me really upset. Those parents are HORRIBLE! Screaming terrible things about the high school kids--seriously people, IT'S A GAME!

I'm going to head to Art and Tracie's for the Steeler's vs. Baltimore game, and I'm very excited about that. I'd be more excited if I had a puppy to take on the trip with me, but I'll make due with turkey chip dip.

Thanks for reading, kids! I miss you all very much. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment