Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Walkin in a winter wonderland

Yay! School has been called off for tomorrow!

When I still lived at home, Mom and I used to take walks in the snow before the plow came. There would be just enough to coat the ground and make a crunch when you stepped. It was light outside, like an odd light was coming from everything around you, like the world was glowing. Normally, there was no one else around, and the snow would hit your face, but it wasn't cold. It was just peaceful.

Sadie and I went for a nice walk when I got the phone call, and that's what it felt like all over again. It was so peaceful outside, although I think I one point I could really hear the kids in the neighborhood over cheering because school was canceled. We walked down Kings Highway (not a highway, the side street I live on) and Sadie was just so excited to be outside, I don't think she even noticed the snow. It was just a nice, calming feeling for me. I felt centered and grounded for the first time in a while.

On a mundane note: my locks are fixed, and have been since Friday. No death! :)

Enjoy the snow, ladies and gentlemen! I intend to spend tomorrow reading, doing laundry, and grading papers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment