Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Someone stole my Hide-a-key

Which just hits home what has always bothered me: I don't like this apartment. I don't like living on the first floor. I don't like the bugs. I don't like the electricity. I love my landlords (kind of), so I'm looking to see if there is an apartment available next door that I can move in to. There are no other apartments available in my building, so that is not helpful. No matter what, I probably won't be able to transfer my lease, which is a huge bummer.

Update: there is an apartment available behind me. It is 2 bedroom 2 full baths, washer and dryer included, with my own balcony or porch (2nd or 1st floor). Better parking, in theory--at least off the road. Newer apartments. You need a key to get into the building AND to get into your apartment, which makes me feel better anyway. I've never liked that just anyone can walk into the apartment. Probably more efficient everything. Gosh, I wish I could talk to my landlord *rightnow* about this.

I already called the landlord, and the on-call answering service said they would have the landlord call me tomorrow. I'm just worried that I am going to get stuck with paying to change the locks. Which I guess, in the grand scheme of things, isn't too big of a deal. BUT STILL. Frustration.

2 comments:

  1. This was the quote next to this post:

    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."— John Lennon


    Yep.

    ReplyDelete