Thursday, December 30, 2010

"And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is." — Kurt

Hi Everyone!

I really like long car drives. I tend to fall asleep pretty quickly if I haven't been properly caffeinated, but if I have, there is nothing better than cranking the music and driving alone. It is just so relaxing; my mind gets to process whatever is bothering me, and I am not worried about bothering other people. I can swear at the other cars if I need to let out some steam, and it is never a problem.

So tonight's ride back to Frederick was perfect. Until I hit Breezewood, I was really tired and not at all relaxed, but I got starbuck's from somewhere (Somerset, I think?) and that woke me up quite nicely. I started thinking about all the work I didn't get done this week for school, which worried me for a bit, but then I started thinking about how I will deal with next year.

For those of you who don't know, I have to completely re-apply for the job I have now. I've been really worried about how I would have to set up my drama classes for next year, since it is not something that I am really qualified for. So, anyway, I'm driving along, and I just get this really good feeling about next year. I have this whole plan in my head about how to work it all out, and it makd S e me really happy. On top of that, I remembered that I have a day next week where my mentor and I get to sit in the library all day and just plan for the rest of the year. This means that I might actually get some of my awesome ideas from last year to work in the classroom this year! Wheeee!

So, I'm happy for a little while. Pittsburgh was really fun, and I have some good plans for having fun for the rest of the year in Delaware. (Here's a hint: book clubs and game nights). I'm in Frederick for New Year's, and then I'm heading home to do all the work I didn't get done this week. Wohoo!

Happy non-denominational holiday season, ladies and gents!

No comments:

Post a Comment