Thursday, October 21, 2010

What is it with Thursdays?

Hi Everyone! I guess Thursday is just my updating night; I'm usually planning on staying up later to watch Project runway.

SO! My life right now: Pretty much the same as last week. Play practice and Sadie, lots and lots of sleeping. I've been fighting off a really bad cough and cold, and I actually thought I had bronchitis last week. I've been coming home and pretty much going to sleep right after dinner. I can't wait for a day to sleep!

Sadie is doing really well; she is getting really comfortable here. She's jumping around a lot, and loves just sitting and being petted. Unfortunately, we've had a few accidents; I think it's because I've been going to sleep so early. She came with me to Play Practice today; it was really pretty outside, so we practiced outside. She loved all the attention, but she was shivering a lot by the end.

The play is going well. Today was a read through and then a line through, and they didn't do too horribly. A few of the ones I was really worried about are doing better, so that makes me happy. Generally speaking, I'm not too stressed about the play. Generally speaking, I'm not too stressed overall right now. Just incredibly tired.

Next week is "quarterlies," AKA midterms for those of you not in the know. I've been a little stressed, because it's going to be a lot of grading within a very short amount of time. Plus, they are very intense here; the entire English department does the exact same test for each quarter. It makes me nervous! What if I didn't teach the right thing! And, on top of that, I got told today that I was looking at the old version of the test, so some of what I had been teaching was absolutely wrong. That was nerve-wracking. Tomorrow we have the first part of the test: the writing prompt. Wohoo!

Ok ladies and gentlemen, I don't have much to share today. Momma and Daddio are coming down this weekend, and I am STOKED! :-D

2 comments:

  1. So I'm a little confused....did you get your dog? Your last post kind of sounded like she was still at the SPCA.....

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete