Monday, October 11, 2010

Homecoming, Rider Pride Day, and The Dover Symphony Orchestra

So, this weekend was Homecoming. Between going to play with Sadie at the SPCA, I actually tried to do some work. ;)

Friday night was the homecoming parade and game. The parade is a big deal here, and the Thespians and Stage Crew were supposed to have a float. Unfortunately, we didn't, so we walked the mile-ish carrying some signs that were really hard to read. It was fine, but I am fighting off a cold right now, so I went right home. Apparently, we did a really great job at the game and PWNED the opposition (the Cape Henlopen Vikings). I am kind of sad I missed it, but I enjoyed coming home to sleep.

Saturday was Rider Pride Day, which is a big community event at the High School. I was in charge of running the auditorium. All of the elementary and middle schools were putting on performances, and I got to take care of keeping people on time, fixing the sound, and turning the lights on and off. I had a few kids running around as my manual labor, so my job was actually quite easy. However, the people in charge went off a different schedule than the one I had been given, and the one that had been printed in the program, so I had a lot of running around to do to get all the acts together. Add that into the mix with a lost middle schooler, and I had a only slightly stressful day (not sarcastic, my day was not that bad at all!) I actually felt like I should have been more stressed than I was, which was a nice different feeling for me.

So, I got out of there around 1:30 and went to put a hold on Sadie. I had played with her on Friday, and was pretty sure that I wanted her. I was just worried about the time span. (As a side note, when I left her to go get milk tonight, she was crying in her crate. *sob*) I had to wait a very long time just to get to the desk, so I just looked in and said HI to her.

I came home and took a nap, then went to the Dover Symphony Orchestra. For those of you who don't know, my awesome friends back home bought me season tickets. Th DSO takes place in The Calvary Assembly of God, which was an interesting location. They actually had some multimedia involved; during "Mars" and "Jupiter," for example, they had really cool videos of the mars rover and pictures of Jupiter. The Symphony themselves did not appear to be nearly as professional as the PSO, but the show was great. I'm looking forward to the next show; it will take place just down the road from me at the Schwartz Center.

So, with that, I came home and slept. Sunday I went and played with Sadie again, and planned my next two weeks with my co-teacher. I came home and watched some BSG. I've already talked about today in my last post, so...you're up to date on my life! Wohooo!

Tomorrow, the cast of "Harvey" is going to watch the movie. (Fun Fact: If Sadie was a girl I would have named her Harvey). Practice for the rest of the week should be lots of fun. We're almost all blocked, and the kids are starting to come into their characters. I'm having fun with the practices themselves; it's when I think about the sets and the lights and the programs and the newspapers that I start to get really nervous. Not too much longer before showtime! :-D

I hope you are all doing really well! Have a great week, kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment