Sunday, August 19, 2012

The good things about anxiety

1. It gives me a reason to use the "x" button on my keyboard.

2. It helps me keep my dog from getting paralyzed. Sadie was not having a good weekend; she was yelping (really, screaming) every time she jumped on anything; my bed, the couch, the curb. I wasn't able to lift her up without her piercing my ears. Worried, as I tend to be, I took her to the vet, all the while assuming it was going to cost close to a thousand dollars (x-rays, unknowns, etc) and we still wouldn't know what was wrong. I would have just over-reacted.

Turns out she hurt her back. If I had waited, not listening to my anxiety, she might have gotten much, much worse--permanent back damage, lots of pain, and possibly back leg paralysis (and cost me wayyy more than the $50 it took for the check up). Now she's feeling much better thanks to prednisone and bedrest. Plus, she gets her own super cute bed now!

OK, it's not totally super cute, but 

So, while I usually hate my anxiety, this weekend it did me good. 

Also, I rode 15.4 miles. School starts tomorrow, and I'm guest blogging for a friend. Wohoo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment