Wednesday, November 17, 2010

You know what bothers me?

All TV school teachers are interrupted by the bell right in the middle of their lessons. That is stupid. That is just bad planning, and doesn't happen in real life.

Anyway: HI! It's been a very long time, so I'm sorry. I finally finished Harvey, yay! Things went well. There was a lot of drama within the cast, and tons of stuff got stolen those last weeks, but we did really well.

Everything in my life has revolved around that for a very long time. I was coming home and just passing out more often than not. Mom came down the week before the show and helped take care of me and Sadie; she cleaned my house, and I'm actually one step closer to being unpacked! I got a haircut (pictures as soon as mom and dad send them to me, they are on their camera). It's very cute, as a boy in the store told me today as I was reading for some OJ. No "Hi" or anything, just "You're cute." I, of course, have no voice right now, so I just kind of smiled and croaked "thanks!" and walked away, forgetting my milk (which was pretty much why I went to the store).

So, I am assistant directing "Fiddler on the Roof" now, which is great. Originally, I was supposed to fully direct, and I was *freaked.* But now, the music people are doing it, and I'm helping out, spending this year learning how to put on something as big as a musical. I feel so much more relaxed now, and so much less pressure is on my shoulders.

I took today off of school because I have this headcold/sinus thing that felt like it was turning into strep. I had strep earlier this year, during the play, and I felt like I couldn't take off. Today was amazing. I slept until around 1:00, and then just sat and dozed. Sadie threw up, which sucked, but otherwise I love just sitting with her on the couch. She sits on my stomach and just chills. It' great. She growls at dogs and people on the TV; it's so cute!

So, I'm hoping to be back in school tomorrow, with or without my voice. Next week is a two-day week, and I'll be heading to Art's Tuesday night to go home Wednesday morning--I anticipate traffic for the ride home. Sadie is coming with, obviously, and I can't wait to introduce her to people back home.

Hope all is well with everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome. :) Not about being sick, but everything else! You sound like you're having such a good time where you're at; I hope I can be in the same place myself sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete